Baseboards Advice/Suggestions

Hello Everyone,

I removed the carpeting for my house and had the original (white oak) wood floors refinished.

I also removed the baseboards and trashed them.

I'm looking for some advice on replacing the baseboards.

Anybody with a good eye for this kind of thing I would appreciate your input.

I am sure I have left out info that would be helpful so let me know and I'll provide it.

Thanks

CP

Reply to
CP

Style and age of house? What kind of doors and trim - oak? Painted? How many rooms? Style of furnishing?

Reply to
Norminn

Depends on the style of the house. We have a contemporary style, with ivory white painted walls. After putting in red oak floors, we decided we liked the look of softwood baseboards painted the color of the walls, highlighting and dramatizing the floors, and looking a bit more elegant than matching oak baseboards, albeit varnished oak is more scratch resistant.

Reply to
Roger Taylor