Baseboard over uneven floor section

I have an older home with fairly uneven hardwood flooring. I'm installing new baseboard in the living room and ran into this problem. There is a 4-ft. section of wall where the flooring raises up so that it is 3/4" higher on one end. I have installed the baseboard around the entire room, and this is the very last section I have to install the base. I'm going to add a quarter-round shoe around the entire base, so gaps beneath the base aren't an issue.
For the baseboard along this section, I figure I have two options:
1) Install the base so that it that it follows the floor and angles up to accommodate the 3/4" rise-- although this means that the base won't be level, and with a window directly above, this might be more apparent since the base won't run parallel to the bottom window casing (which is level).
2) Cope the base so that it can be installed level despite the 3/4" rise-- but this means the base will be 4-1/4" tall on one side and taper down to 3-1/2" tall on the other side-- which will be fairly obvious over such a short (4-ft.) section.
Which method is usually practiced by the pros?
Todd wrote:

I'm no pro but I'd taper it. I assume the floor isn't fixable...

You say there's a window directly above this flawed area? Well, then no matter what method you use, why not add curtains that hand and puddle on the floor, thus concealing any differences.