baseboard heaters on 30 A circuit

Greetings,
Can standard baseboard heaters be placed onto a 30A circuit provided I use 10 AWG Cu wire? Or is there some requirement that they only be placed onto a 15/20A circuit? If I do place them onto a 30A circuit can I make 12 AWG taps to individual heaters provided that the taps are less than 50 ft? Can a "tap" come directly from the breaker box?
Thanks again, William

There are many different sizes of "standard" heaters. What is hte rating?
If I do place them onto a 30A circuit

Not with a 30A breaker
Can a "tap" come directly from the breaker box?
I have no idea what you mean.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

In this case the heaters are rated at 500, 1000, 1500, and 2000W depending on if they are 2/4/6/8 feet long.

Some breakers allow multiple wires to be connected to them.

Possibly. The instructions should tell you the maximum breaker you can use. I expect it is a 20a, but maybe not.

You can't put #12 on a circuit protected by a 30a breaker.
On 10 Sep 2006 07:44:03 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@wdeans.com"

I have a Square D breaker right here. The clamp where you attach the load wire has places to connect 2 wires There's some markings on the side that show 2 wires for 14 to 10 gauge, but only 1 for 8 gauge.

Mark Lloyd