Baseboard heater repair

I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any feedback.

Reply to
Linda

You just need someone who owns a multimeter and knows how to use it is all.

An electrician would be someone who most probaly would fit the bill.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

"Linda" wrote

The Yellow Pages

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Linda, your average electric baseboard heater is 250 watts per foot. If you've got four sections, in tandem across the wall, chances are they are being controlled by electric heat relays, usually mounted at the service panel and this is where I'd look for a problem, but this is a little complicated so I'd do what the others recommend and call a pro

Reply to
RBM
041126 0118 - Linda posted:

Are they all supposed to work from one thermostat or do they each have separate thermostats mounted in the units?

Reply to
indago

They all work from the from the same thermostat...

Reply to
Linda

Thanks for advise

Reply to
Linda
041126 1923 - Linda posted:

Is the thermostat on the wall or on one of the units?

Reply to
indago

It's on the wall opposite from the heaters with a little dial

Reply to
Linda