Baseboard heater repair

I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any feedback.

You just need someone who owns a multimeter and knows how to use it is all.
An electrician would be someone who most probaly would fit the bill.
--

SVL

The Yellow Pages
wrote

Linda, your average electric baseboard heater is 250 watts per foot. If you've got four sections, in tandem across the wall, chances are they are being controlled by electric heat relays, usually mounted at the service panel and this is where I'd look for a problem, but this is a little complicated so I'd do what the others recommend and call a pro
add "1" after mottola to email

041126 0118 - Linda posted:

Are they all supposed to work from one thermostat or do they each have separate thermostats mounted in the units?

They all work from the from the same thermostat...
041126 1923 - Linda posted:

Is the thermostat on the wall or on one of the units?

It's on the wall opposite from the heaters with a little dial