Baseboard heater not working

Hello,
I have a baseboard heater (Unknown year or model) which seems to not produce any heat, however, I do hear the "click" as I turn the dial up to get some heat.
all wires are connected, the electrical panel is on (all switches checked) so I am assuming it's the thermostat (Dial) which probably has bit the dust.
Before I replace, anything else I should check?
Did you check at the heater for voltage?
9 times out of ten, its the "element"
To complex to tell you how to check, in a news posting, but if element is bad, probably as cheap to replace whole heater.
(what is the LENGTH of the heater? Is it 110 or 220 volts?
Click sound is control or thermostat making contact
If you do try checking your self BE CAREFULL
Some 220 volt units have a live wire still on, even when wall control is turned OFF
Element for continuity. Thermostat for proper operation. Continuity when calling for heat.
I'm presuming you are well grounded (sorry!) in electrical safety training?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus