baseboard heat problem

I have electric baseboard heat. The problem is that the heat does not shut off. I have replaced the thermostats, but the problem still continues. Please help.
bcloser2me wrote:

The heat *never* shuts off to any of the baseboards??
Are the 'stats big heavy Line voltage ones or are they light-duty ones which control contactors (relays)?
If the latter, the problem may be outside the thermostats.

The wiring of the thermostats/heaters is probably done wrong.
Bob
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:25:12 -0600, "bcloser2me"

imho:
When you say never shuts off, do you mean you can still feel residual heat, or full power heat?
Have the person who installed them recheck them.
later,
tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com