Base Cabinet Toe-Kick Drawers

I keep seeing recommendations for increasing kitchen storage by installing drawers in the toe-kicks under the base cabinets. Try as I might, I can't visualize how this would be done. Do you lift up the boxes and set them back down on a shallow drawer, about 22" deep (or whatever toe-kick depth should be?) Do you cut holes in the toe-kick face and stick in a drawer on casters? Does anybody know how to do this? I will be installing cabinets here very soon and think this is a great idea. However, all the cabinets I have looked at are already cut so that the bottom of the box (seen from the side) shows that notch for the toe kick. Of course, they usually "skin" the toe kicks separately, when doing nice custom work, so maybe that is when they put in the drawers? Can anybody enlighten me? Thankee

Reply to
Cattracker

Randy O.