Barrell tile roof

Is it safe to pressure wash a barrell tile roof? If not, is there a safe way to clean it of typical Florida mildew? Even better would be a way to prevent it?

Thanks for any pointers

Reply to
Kevin

There are mildew roof cleaners sold at most stores. A zinc strip at the peak will help prevent it.

Reply to
m Ransley

I have a concrete tile roof - once a year a man comes around and sprays it with mildecide. He doesn't have to walk on the roof to do this - he can climb a ladder and spray from the sides. The effects lasts about a year.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

What part of the country do you live in? I live in northern NJ, near New York City, and also have a concrete tile roof. It's covered with moss in several places, especially the detached garage. I don't especially mind it, but I'd consider hiring someone to spray it. It is getting a bit out of hand in some spots. What does it cost? Where did you find the guy?

Reply to
Tom Miller

Thanks everyone

Reply to
Kevin

Tom -

I live in FL. The man works my neighborhood - he comes around every spring and does several houses around here. He charges $45.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

Thanks, Dorothy. That's what I figured, that he was a local guy who just "comes around." I guess getting him to come up here for $45 would be unlikely! And when he saw my 3-story house he'd probably just go back to Florida.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Miller