Barn wood

I want to make some "stuff" out of old weathered wood common to my area. When you cut through the wood, though, there is a new color to the wood where it is not aged. Is there something I can apply to that area that will make it at least colored like the weathered part?
Thanks.
Steve
--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Not sure about other brands, but Devoe Paint has a "gray" to match weathered wood.
Red

With all the neat high tech paint matching available in stores these days it should be a cinch to get exactly what you want. For a bit more finesse, it could be even better to try a real paint like Sherwin- Williams. There are some surprising things available that pro decorators favor.
Joe

will