Bark off

--WebTV-Mail-612-2302 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Anyone ever used this? How far away will it work? I have a neighbor who lets his dogs bark and bark and bark in his back yard.
I like dogs but do not like to listen to them bark, sometimes late at night.
The dogs are maybe 200 yards from my house but the barking is annoying.
If I hear the barking is it reasonable that the "bark off" will be strong enough to reach them and hae an effect?
--WebTV-Mail-612-2302 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-612-2302--
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack) wrote in 3172.bay.webtv.net:

Their website shows a transmitter and receivers. I think your neighbor would notice it on their dog. Plus that website looks cheap. They just want you to order, but don't tell you anything about the product. It's smells like a scam.
ever used this? How far away will it work? I have a neighbor who<BR>lets his dogs bark and bark and bark in his back yard.<BR><BR>I like dogs but do not like to listen to them bark, sometimes late at<BR>night.<BR><BR>The dogs are maybe 200 yards from my house but the barking is annoying.<BR><BR>If I hear the barking is it reasonable that the "bark off" will be<BR>strong enough to reach them and hae an effect?<BR><BR> <P> <HR>
<P><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial>I assume you have talked to your neighbor about this.&nbsp; Generally when a dog barks continually, it is uncomfortable or upset about something -.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial>If the neighbor won't attempt to help, perhaps there is some city or county ordinance against excessive noise, or other area that this might fall under.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial>Another option is to talk to the neighbors behind him and&nbsp;on the other side.&nbsp; If it bothers you 200' away, it must bother them as well.&nbsp; Maybe if all three neighbors confronted him together, it might make him realize he has a serious problem rather than one complaining neighbor.&nbsp;</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial>Other than these things, I really don't suppose there is much that can be done.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial></FONT><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
full-3172.bay.webtv.net...

200 yards is too far for most sonic devices to bother dogs. I had one on the side of our house and it worked when the neighbors dogs were on our side of his yard, about 10 to 20 yards, but did not when they were further away, maybe 75 yards. I added some extra piezo tweeters to it and that improved it a bit. 200 yards is pretty far. You might plant some sort of barrier plants. Something dense that grows a bit taller than the house and fills in from close to the ground and up. Like douglas firs. Put a row along the propertly line.

refull-3172.bay.webtv.net...
What brand "bark stop" device did you use?
I got one on Ebay (SUPER BARK STOP ) and it wouldn't trigger on the neighbor's dog's barking (~30 ft). I kept invoking the warranty on every unit they sent out as a replacement. I wound up with four. None of them worked.
cheers Bob

torefull-3172.bay.webtv.net...
I had one of that companies and it triggered. But as I mentioned before that was only when the dogs were close to our proerty line. It did seem to keep them from barking along our side which helped some. The op is talking distances around 200 yards and there is no sonic device with that range. You need to roll you own with about 20 piezo tweeters and a several hundred watt amp.
Build something battery powered, and hide it closer to the offending dog's house?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 6/20/2010 11:38 AM, Jack wrote:

What did the dog owner say when you contacted them? Sometimes people are pretty clueless about how annoying their dogs are (and I do like dogs).
We had a new neighbor move in a few years ago. First they got a big lab and were pretty good about leaving it out for a short time. They they added a little squeaky dog. Not long after they would let both bark for hours. One morning they put them out extra early. I went over and started knocking. I politely said that it wasn't even 7 AM yet and hearing dogs barking for hours and hours is annoying.
The owner told me that those were "inside dogs". I then said since you have inside dogs do you have any idea whose dogs are always tied in your yard. He gave me a stupid look and I walked away. They have never talked to us since but that was the end of the barking.

I have not talked to the dog owner but a neighbor next to him has with no resolution. They just do not care. I had some hope that we might get a better response from the dog. Since the Bark off sends a hihg frequency sound, I am thinking that a silent dog wistle might also work.
--WebTV-Mail-26280-48590 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Sorry
p4o2 (PC) = Jack (WEBTV)
--WebTV-Mail-26280-48590 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-26280-48590--
On 6/21/2010 11:04 AM, p4o2 wrote:

So why are you waiting to talk to them (seriously)? Sometimes it takes multiple persons informing someone that what they may think is cute is an annoyance.
"Since yours are inside dogs, you won't mind if I shoot any free ranging wild dogs in your yard?"
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 6/21/2010 5:16 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Reminds me. Guy complained to neighbor about dog getting in his trash. Neighbor said it was not his dog. Guy put Exlax around his cans. Next day neighbor was bringing rugs outside house to hose them off. When guy asked neighbor why he was hosing off rugs, neighbor said dog had crapped all over them. Guy said, when dogs run loose, you don't know what they might eat ;)

My mother (RIP) would have loved you. She was more territorial than the most territorial pit bull and when dogs did their business on the lawn, she would go wild. I wish I could have suggested that to her when a giant Bernese Mountain Dog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernese_Mountain_Dog
moved in next door and left piles the sized of bear droppings everywhere. At least ExLax would have made it a hosable offense. She was not to be gone near after shoveling a load of BMD poop out of her beloved rose bushes. Non lethal but definitely pound for pound as annoying to the perpetrator as the pooping or barking is to the victim. I can't imagine what a 5 inch high stack of "stuff" becomes liquified and dumped on the shag carpet. This is as valuable a tip as giving trapped squirrels peanut butter and Ambien to calm them down for transport. What a river of knowledge the internet is . . .
-- Bobby G.

You're lucky. Around here, people will deny everything then yell at you as if you're the troublemaker. Then they'll so something to retaliate against you.