Bargains

Page 2 of 2

They're scumbags.

My old company was a major contributor to UW. Went so far as to pressure employees to do monthly deductions to UW. I told 'em to ef off! UW quit giving BSA money cuz they wouldn't allow gays in CA. I may not agree with all current BSA policies are, but I'll make that decision, not give UW $$$ to decide for me. I stopped donating to UW and donated to BSA directly.
nb
--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs

Very good. My position precisely. Cut out the useless (and as you say, in this case, "scumbag") middleman. I don't have to rely on them to put my money where I want it (they don't). It's easy enough to do without them.
harry wrote:

Uh, yes I am.

We already know you're a bigot. You don't have to advertise it with every post.
harry wrote:

Oh I fully intend to deal with a Christian, or at least a non-Jew, come October.
I apologize to the group for detouring into religion, but for your edification, the Jewish view of Christianity is that Christianity is a good and holy road to God.
harry wrote:

Of course I like war! I'm a member of the "Warrior Class."
Would you expect otherwise? The idea of the adversaries' women and children leaving bloody footprints in the snow as their lamentations long for the comfort of the grave but being denied fills me with glee. But that's just me. You're welcome to your pacifist ways.
As for the U.S. "protecting" Israel, nothing could be farther from the facts. The Israeli Defense Force can field 18 divisions of infantry and armor, engaged in combat on three fronts, in 72 hours. That force is half again as large as the authorized strength of the U.S. active military service (10 Army and 2 Marine divisions). If anything, the U.S. is counting on Israel to defend American interests in the region.
harry wrote:

That too. I get a tingle up my leg...

Not so - at all. The Christian view of the Jews is that they, sadly, missed the boat - Their long awaited Messiah was here on earth tho thousand years ago, living as one of them and they missed it.

wrongs.
. Jews and Israel are not necessarily the same. Just as Americans and the US Government are not necessarily the same.

Not particularly a "christian" sentiment.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Ever heard the phrase: "Never Again!" ?

Lutherans and Catholics, and had all they owned taken by the governments of Switzerland and Germany, which WERE the church, does not mean we cannot forgive them.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Of course there are absolutely no hard feelings amongst European countries for sins of the past. That is one of the reasons the Euro has been such a rousing success (grin).