bargaining

Page 2 of 2
Previously RayV wrote:

And then scroll down to 2004 for Porter-Cable.
--
# You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in
torment if you don\'t trust enough. (Chinese)

Did you know that the first store in America to charge fixed prices was John Wanamaker in Philadelphia, and this was only around 1850 or 1870 (I forget which.) Until then, everything was subject to bargaining all the time.

I'm only good at it if I really don't want the thing. And mostly at yard sales.

This reminds me of a story. A man comes to a grocery or a fruit stand and asks, How much for tomatoes?
The owner says, Two dollars a pound.
The customer says, The store down the street is charging a dollar fifty a pound.
So buy them down the street, the owner says.
"He's out of them."
The owner says "When I'm out of them, I charge a dollar a pound."
go to
http://www.homedepotmoving.com
sign up and give them your *new* ;-) address and they will send you 10% coupon in the mail. Lowes probably does the same thing. You could also fill out a change of address form at the post office and magically tons of deals will start pouring in.