Bare-Bones X10

Page 2 of 2
I bought an X10 alarm system and still can't get all the alarms to trip. I tried various troubleshooting methods and devices with no luck. I would go with RF devices. I wish I could return the whole system.
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:33:40 GMT, "Houseslave"

[Followup set to sci.electronics.misc]
X10 (and any powerline system) has to deal with sites that are served by multiple phases. The alarms that aren't tripping may be on a different phase than the host box.
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Jim Thompson wrote:

Here's a bare bones RF X-10 setup - everything you need for $25.99. See the url HTTP://WWW.SMARTHOME.COM/searchweb.asp?q@03
It contains a keyfob transmitter and a receiver - the receiver plugs in to a receptacle. It (the receiver) contains a relay controlled 2 prong receptacle into which you can plug an incandescant light up to 500 watts, or a resistive load up to 15 amps.