Banging Pipes.

Hi there,
I have a problem with my bathtub pipes. The shower works great, but if i run the tub the pipes starts banging really loud.
I thought it may have been an air lock, so i turned on all the faucets in the house, but this did not work. Becuse my basement ceiling in open at the this time, I can enusre the pipes are mounted properly.
It all seemed to start when i had a new hot water heater installed.
This does not happen with any other running water pipes in the house.
Any one have any idea what the problem may be?
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 16, 9:48 am, snipped-for-privacy@live.ca wrote:

Well, if you say it started when the new water heater went it, that's probably a good place to start. Have you had someone run the tub while you are in the basement with a step stool and a flashlight?
Usually water hammer happens when you turn off the flow and the pipes are poorly secured. Installing a water hammer arrester is simple enough, and that's probably a good place to start.
✖
theriaulte snipped-for-privacy@live.ca wrote:

Loose washer in the faucet?
Add pictures here
✖
Only thing comes to mind, some kind of problem wtih the faucet washer. Cracked, loose, flopping around, that kind of thing.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus