band-saw blades

What is a good brand to use that don't cost a fortune? I have an old Parks 18" band-saw,it uses a 133" blade. I mainly plan on using it to re-saw. Should I get a 3/4" or 1" blade Thanks for any help. JP

When I was bandsawing quite a bit years ago Sears made a decent blade.
If you're re-sawing, then get the 1". And spend 'a fortune'. You'll thank yourself. One blade. . set it up. . . run forever---
There's got to be some bandsaw wizards over on rec.woodworking these days. Give them a shout.
Jim
?

Easy answer. A Wood Slicer from Highland Hardware. 3/4" will do the job well http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/woodslicer-resaw-bandsaw-blades.aspx
I use a 1/2" on my 14" saw and it works well but for yours, the 3/4" is fine. $41 for your size.