Ban Asbestos Bill in Congress

Hi,

As you know many buildings and building materials contain asbestos. While asbestos is banned in many countries it is not banned in the United States. There is currently a bill in the U. S. House of Representatives to ban all new asbestos in the United States and to provide funds for medical research into asbestos-related diseases, such as mesothelioma, so effective treatments and a cure can be found. There is currently no federal funds for research into asbestos related diseases. Help make that change. Write to your U.S. representative to vote for the bill to ban asbestos and provide research funds for asbestos-related diseases so effective treatments and a cure can be found. Remind them that the ban is not enough since it doesn't help people already sick and who will become sick with asbestos-related diseases due to past (which could have occurred decades ago) or future exposures. These people need effective treatments and a cure. That takes federal funds allocated for medical research into asbestos-related diseases..There is a link at

which you can write your U. S. Representative.

Pages: [1]

Reply to
Faye

from which you can write your U. S. Representative.

More undeserved money for the lawyers. That's all.

Reply to
HeyBub

Good. That will make it tougher for lawyers to make less money too.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This sounds to me too much like advocacy for stuff to favor litigation.

Although I agree that asbestos did *Bad Things*, it appears to me that about 99% of that happened to people who had really high exposure to it - as in mostly inhaling visible clouds of it on multiple occaisions, or distant second to that being housewives regularly laundering clothes visibly dusted with the stuff.

It appears to me that regulation to an extent that prevents exposure within 2-3 orders of magnitude of that is sufficient, and it appears to me that we already have more than that.

I favor Federal subsidy of treatment of victims of obvious asbestos disease. I am not so strongly in favor of spending bigtime taxpayer money on research into diseases that will soon at least 99% of the way be banished by regulations enacted a decade or two ago. And I am totally against any total ban of asbestos - I merely favor regulating and restricting it to the severe extent that it is already regulated and restricted by regulations, restrictions, and political incorrectness of that substance.

Don Klipstein