Bamboo (from another list)

Saw this, in an old message. And figured it would be of interest, here. Doesn't give much hope.

. ==================================== Had an uncle (now dead) who had much the same experience. Fortunately he was a road contractor and finally brought a bulldozer home. When he had dug about as deep as he felt comfortable with the dozer, and could still see roots, he brought a dragline excavator, and dug it out many feet down. Finally burned all the residue. It worked and he was able to die in peace, having won his battle with bamboo. Some of the species are truly invasive.--Grampa

============================== I have a patch of american bambo growing outback and it is so invasive, I started out with only a dozen plants and now there are over 100, my son got the idea of weedwaching it down and than mowing over it, but he didnt realize that each piece of fallen bamboo with sprout a new plant... now i cant get rid of it, i even tried to burn it to death and it still came back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon