Bamboo flooring in bathroom

I have a small bathroom with old vinyl tile on the floor. Would bamboo flooring work? The kind that is sold in packages and can be cut to measure. Can it be installed on top of the vinyl -- as cushioning? Tx.

Usually this type of flooring is not recommended for kitchens or bath as water can get in the seams and cause all sorts of problems, such as mold, mildew, rotting floor, rotting joists, etc.
In article <b923e816-4149-4c9f-b5a1-3f03369352d9

Bamboo will work fine around some water (I had it in my last kitchen) but the "Pergo" style of flooring isn't tolerant of water at all. I don't think I'd use bamboo it in a bathroom though. IMO, the only flooring worth a dime in bathrooms is tile. It's easy to install, as well.
--
Keith

are u talking tongue and groove or the rolled type?
In article <cb94c6fb-0e11-409f-8f15-

Bamboo? T&G.
It's cheap and looks rather nice. Indeed, if there are any negatives, it's that it looks too perfect (like a bowling alley). If I do it again (and will if I build, later this year or next) I'll likely do it myself. Bamboo is a piece of cake to put down. Every piece is perfect.
-- Keith