Bamboo flooing, why only dark?

I find the dark bamboo flooring everywhere but the natural light color ones are not carry by many stores in my local area. Natural bamboo has the same price, cheaper to make and its harder than the dark bamboo. The only reason I could think of is people prefer dark flooring. Is that why?
** Frank ** wrote:

Don't know if this is anywhere near you, but look at www.iFloor.com.
I'm going to pop in there this weekend, because I've been thinking bamboo might look really great in one of my carpeted rooms... I've seen the bamboo floors and they do look very good.
snipped-for-privacy@nosespamgmail.com says...

I bought from one of their companies over the Internet a couple of years ago. The flooring was delivered by truck in a very short time (a week, IIRC). Overall I'm quite happy with the flooring and them. I'm not so happy with the installer. If I'd known how easy it was I would have done it myself.

I put the vertical carbonized medium in my downstairs halls, kitchen and dining room (about 700sq.ft. total). I like the look but might not do a kitchen with it again. I'm thinking about using bamboo in the bedrooms of my next house (next year perhaps). I like the stuff.
http://www.ifloor.com/item_303900/bamboo-flooring/westhollow - bamboo/style-series-ii-premium-collection-3-/3-vertical-carbonized- medium.html
--
Keith