Baloon sander

I think I saw somewhere an inflatable sander that could flex around and inside curves, may have been on the end of a drill but I think it had an air supply continuously pressurizing the system. Anyone know what this contraption is called or how it runs?

If not, how best to sand a load of wooden octagonal rails, 6" apart? I want to smooth them over after presure washing, to take the splinters out and make it smooth.

Reply to
dean

use sandpaper or sanding pad and use your hand.

Reply to
Cindy Boucher

Sacramento Dave

balloons are usually pretty smooth already......

Reply to
yourname

LOL good one!

Reply to
dean

Can't help with your baloon sander - sounds like it would be a neat device. Perhaps small drum sanders in a Dremel tool or (or larger) would do the trick. For example, >

dean wrote:

Reply to
Bennett Price

How does this one look for $50

I think you are likely to end up with round spindles unless you use a stiff block of wood and hand sand them. It really isn't that huge a job. . . . but I'd probably buy the sander to reward myself for doing it by hand.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht