Baloon sander

I think I saw somewhere an inflatable sander that could flex around and inside curves, may have been on the end of a drill but I think it had an air supply continuously pressurizing the system. Anyone know what this contraption is called or how it runs?
If not, how best to sand a load of wooden octagonal rails, 6" apart? I want to smooth them over after presure washing, to take the splinters out and make it smooth.
|I think I saw somewhere an inflatable sander that could flex around | and inside curves, may have been on the end of a drill but I think it | had an air supply continuously pressurizing the system. Anyone know | what this contraption is called or how it runs? | | If not, how best to sand a load of wooden octagonal rails, 6" apart? I | want to smooth them over after presure washing, to take the splinters | out and make it smooth. |
use sandpaper or sanding pad and use your hand.

http://astore.amazon.com/540-20/detail/B00066164C/103-2409503-6472656
dean wrote:

LOL good one!
Can't help with your baloon sander - sounds like it would be a neat device. Perhaps small drum sanders in a Dremel tool or (or larger) would do the trick. For example, > http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM#689
dean wrote:

How does this one look for $50 http://www.liutaiomottola.com/PrevPubs/PumpSander/GrizzlyIndustrialReviewed.htm

I think you are likely to end up with round spindles unless you use a stiff block of wood and hand sand them. It really isn't that huge a job. . . . but I'd probably buy the sander to reward myself for doing it by hand.<g>
Jim