Ballpark price for a 50 gallon water heater installed in attic ??

Hi,
What is the ballpark price for a 50 gallon water heater installed in the attic ?? (parts and labor?)
snipped-for-privacy@wongfaye.com wrote:

why the attic?
We charge $250.00 labor only for installing one in a garage or home. I would add another $200 for the attic if it is very easy access. This is for labor only.
cm

Water heaters (both gas and electric) in the attic have become very common here in the last 10-15 years. I personally think it is insane, would never have one, and if I ever had a house with one in the attic, would move it. The water here is very hard and after a few years a w/h is likely to have a foot of what amounts to rock inside it. It must take 4 people to get one like that down out of the attic. As to the OP's question, all you can do is get several prices from reputable companies and compare-- prices vary greatly from one area to another. Larry

message
snipped-for-privacy@wongfaye.com wrote:

Have you considered using a tankless water heater that could be installed in a closet? I usually don't suggest them in the US, but you sound like it may be a good idea for your needs.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
snipped-for-privacy@wongfaye.com wrote in news:1164923004.297339.223480@ 80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

Crazy place for any water tank that will leak at some point in its lifetime. Very bad idea.

Certainly the installation should include scuppers & drain.
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/ (add .com after geocities)

On 30 Nov 2006 13:43:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@wongfaye.com wrote:

They dont sell them at ballparks......
Have you ever considered using your yellow pages? People that ask prices on newsgroups are idiots.... You qualify !!!
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Or for one quick estimate, call Home Depot or Lowes.