Ballpark cost on driveway?

What should I expect to pay for a driveway in Southern California -- a standard, no-frills concrete slab, maybe 35 feet long and 20 wide, with a 2.5 or 3' rise from to top level? Including demo of the old one?
Jim Beaver

I had a 650 square foot slab poored for a garage that was $2300 about 8 years ago in Central, CA.....good luck, Ross
Based on the online estimators I was using last year the figures I got were $3500-$4000. However, getting any contractor to show up for a job that small might be difficult...

since I did mine in '97..

In my area (Santa Barbara CA) there are several concrete contractors who specialize in driveways, sidewalks, landscape paving, etc. They won't take any other type of job (additions, structural slabs, etc.)
-Frank
--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work:
Jim Beaver wrote:

"Wait for your omnipresent winter rains to wash away the existing driveway, and the demo is done at no charge...."
If I had a driveway that small to demo, I'd at least try to do it myself. Should be easy enough to do if it's already old and cracked all you would need is a sledgehammer and some free time. Like work on it an hour a day until it's done (a month later). Cheaper than hiring a contractor that will charge you $100/head/hr to bring on some illegal aliens...
http://www.bunchobikes.com/pond.htm As the first page will show, a sledge and a digger bar will do wonders for you. I think that patio took me a week, a few hours every morning.
scott snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Doh! And goggles ( or safety glasses.) Chips will fly!
Geez I would want to have some fun, order a 10 yard dumpster and rent yourself a bobcat. Takes an hour or two and you'll have a blast! Tom

sledge hammer is rather archaic
rent an electric jack hammer for $60/day, 3 people physically equipped to use it can tear up the old driveway in a day or 2 with it
or pay someone $1.50 per sq ft to tear out the old driveway and remove the debris from the property, then pay someone else $3.50 per sq ft to form & pour the new driveway (prices in texas $, cost may vary in cali)
Why on earth would you want to build a ballpark on your driveway?
After the stands are put in, I don't think there would even nearly enough room for the diamond!
Not to mention that most people who play baseball would never play on concrete!
Also I don't think your neighbors will be to happy to see you building a ballpark so close to their house, unless maybe you can enclose it to help keep the noise down.
But where are you going to put the parking lot?
I dunno man..... I gotta say that putting a ballpark on your driveway is just a bad idea. I don't think even the Royals would play there, even if you offered them a ZILLION dollars!