Ballpark cost on driveway?

What should I expect to pay for a driveway in Southern California -- a standard, no-frills concrete slab, maybe 35 feet long and 20 wide, with a

2.5 or 3' rise from to top level? Including demo of the old one?

Jim Beaver

Reply to
Jim Beaver

I had a 650 square foot slab poored for a garage that was $2300 about 8 years ago in Central, CA.....good luck, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Based on the online estimators I was using last year the figures I got were $3500-$4000. However, getting any contractor to show up for a job that small might be difficult...

Reply to
scott_z500

That price seems close since you have a demo/haul and things have gone up since I did mine in '97..

Reply to
Ross Mac

Wait for your omnipresent winter rains to wash away the existing driveway, and the demo is done at no charge....

Jim Beaver wrote:

Reply to
Jim Conway

"Wait for your omnipresent winter rains to wash away the existing driveway, and the demo is done at no charge...."

If I had a driveway that small to demo, I'd at least try to do it myself. Should be easy enough to do if it's already old and cracked all you would need is a sledgehammer and some free time. Like work on it an hour a day until it's done (a month later). Cheaper than hiring a contractor that will charge you $100/head/hr to bring on some illegal aliens...

Reply to
scott_z500

In my area (Santa Barbara CA) there are several concrete contractors who specialize in driveways, sidewalks, landscape paving, etc. They won't take any other type of job (additions, structural slabs, etc.)

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Doh! And goggles ( or safety glasses.) Chips will fly!

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Geez I would want to have some fun, order a 10 yard dumpster and rent yourself a bobcat. Takes an hour or two and you'll have a blast! Tom

Reply to
Sexytom976

Why on earth would you want to build a ballpark on your driveway?

After the stands are put in, I don't think there would even nearly enough room for the diamond!

Not to mention that most people who play baseball would never play on concrete!

Also I don't think your neighbors will be to happy to see you building a ballpark so close to their house, unless maybe you can enclose it to help keep the noise down.

But where are you going to put the parking lot?

I dunno man..... I gotta say that putting a ballpark on your driveway is just a bad idea. I don't think even the Royals would play there, even if you offered them a ZILLION dollars!

Reply to
Matt

sledge hammer is rather archaic

rent an electric jack hammer for $60/day, 3 people physically equipped to use it can tear up the old driveway in a day or 2 with it

or pay someone $1.50 per sq ft to tear out the old driveway and remove the debris from the property, then pay someone else $3.50 per sq ft to form & pour the new driveway (prices in texas $, cost may vary in cali)

Reply to
effi