ballooning mech attached EPDM

Our recently installed mechanically fastened EPDM roof seems to balloon up in winds. We live in a high wind area and 7 years ago our torch down modified bitchumin roof blew off. In addition, the membrane seems to have shrunk a bit and is pulling away from where it meets a vertical wall at the flashing. I think the wind is getting in from the wood fascia board which is installed under a metal edge. Does anyone know if this is normal? thanks

Reply to
rob

Have you consulted with an engineer? It is not uncommon for unexpected uplift forces to exist on roofs. Uplift pressure varies with roof shape, orientation. TB

Reply to
tbasc

If the EPDM was properly installed, according to the manufacturers specs, some billowing shouldn't be of concern. "Ballooning up" sounds excessive, but as I can't see it from here, I can't tell you with any certainty. If the membrane is indeed pulling away from the flashing, that is of concern and should be looked after.

Reply to
thunder

Thanks so much. I will look into it. I guess it may be more of a billowing, like when you shake a bed sheet slightly and the air ripples through. I am sensitive to blow offs. I have no faith in the installer, so... Wish me luck

Reply to
rob