ball vs sleeve bearing

Page 2 of 2

The Daring Dufas wrote:

My Panasonics are pretty quiet
Aaron,

I think the fan design is more important than the type of bearings used in the motor.
I chose Panasonic fans for our house. I had to order them online as no one local carried them. But, they use a squirrel cage type fan instead of an impeller blade and are virtually silent in operation. We have one in our laundry room that runs 12 hours a day as part of our ventilation system (A WA state requirement), and never even know it's on. It's been running five years and is quiet today as the day we installed it.
Anthony

I found that ball bearing fans outlast the sleave varieties, at least with computer fans. I recommend Panasonic for bathroom fans.