Balky vinyl windows

Some of my 15-year-old double-hung vinyl windows have become increasingly more difficult to open and close. Is there anything that can be done?
Thanks, ~JMA
Add pictures here
✖

Just to see if the windows are still "square."
Houses settle and that might warp the frame.
Most folks just don't have problems with vinyl windows in only 15 years. Latches might break or the weath seal might wear but, in anything, the basic window often gets "looser" with age.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:30:08 -0400, "John Gilmer"

Erm, how do I go about checking if they're still square? Measuring diagonally from both sides scientific enough? If they're not, is there a fix?
~J
Add pictures here
✖
On 27-Jul-2008, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My window installer said to lubricate them with pledge. I suspect a dry silicon lubricant would work just as well. Just don't use anything petroleum based.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 7:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Any chance your house has settled or shifted? If there are similar problems with doors, or gaps in moldings, mere lubrication may not help. Best check and see if the problem is for sure window related.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖