Balancing fan blades

I have a fairly old ceiling fan (came with the house) that wobbles like crazy at high speed. Anyone know of a good web site where I can see how to balance it?

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Googling "balance ceiling fan" returned 697,000 sites in .29 seconds. You might want to give it a try ;-)

Reply to
Reggie Dunlop

You are right and I did:-)) This site and page looks terrific:

Lou

Reply to
LouB

there's a good chance the blades are loose. Check that first.

Also, then check to see that they are all vertically even. That's what usually causes the wobble.

Steve Barker DLT

Meaning each tip is the same distance from the ceiling?

Lou

Reply to
LouB

yeah, if the ceiling is level and flat.

Steve Barker DLT

Measure from the same spot. It will always be the same distance from the center of the Earth.

Reply to
RLM

Make sure they are all at the same PITCH (angle). If balance varies with speed, it's the pitch, a blade bracket got bent a tad.

-- larry / dallas

Reply to
larry

"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in news:xeydnVcI3YqV60HVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Same distance from the ceiling? But they work on vaulted ceilings. I had one. I must be missing something on this week old post.

Reply to
Red Green

I did not say anything about the ceiling, which happens to be flat.

Lou (OP)

Reply to
LouB