Balancing fan blades

I have a fairly old ceiling fan (came with the house) that wobbles like crazy at high speed. Anyone know of a good web site where I can see how to balance it?
Lou

Googling "balance ceiling fan" returned 697,000 sites in .29 seconds. You might want to give it a try ;-)
Reggie Dunlop wrote:

This site and page looks terrific: http://www.hansenwholesale.com/ceilingfans/fanfaqs.asp#installation
Lou
there's a good chance the blades are loose. Check that first.
Also, then check to see that they are all vertically even. That's what usually causes the wobble.

Steve Barker DLT wrote:

> > Also, then check to see that they are all vertically even. That's what > usually causes the wobble. > > s
Meaning each tip is the same distance from the ceiling?
Lou
yeah, if the ceiling is level and flat.

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:41:26 -0500, Steve Barker DLT wrote:

Measure from the same spot. It will always be the same distance from the center of the Earth.

RLM wrote:

Make sure they are all at the same PITCH (angle). If balance varies with speed, it's the pitch, a blade bracket got bent a tad.
-- larry / dallas

Same distance from the ceiling? But they work on vaulted ceilings. I had one. I must be missing something on this week old post.
Red Green wrote:

I did not say anything about the ceiling, which happens to be flat.
Lou (OP)