Bailout (politics)

Page 3 of 3

From Woot.com today
Good day American taxpayer, complments of the season to YOu. Please allow me to introduce myself I am Mr. Henry PAULSON very high official of United States Treasury of United States, Washington, USA. I please to be writing you this day because someone of our mutual acquaintance Mr. BERNANKE vouch for you as trustworthy and gullible individual of high moral standards.
Through no fault of my own I am come to hard straits and although I am a proud man and father, I must beseech your partnership in resolution, an urgent and vexing matter. Through malfeasance and rascality, certain individuals of my close acquaintance have sabotage national banking system, hence an imminent disaster will befall if I am unable to secure the amount of $700,000,000,000 DOLLARS U.S with all utmost haste. This amount is currently being held by millions of fellow Americans but thus far these scoundrels refuse to release the money to me on grounds of that it is not mine infact.
Therefore I must, find a partner who can assist in the collection of this funds with, advance fee of $179.99 DOLLARS U.S a nominal amount I am sure you will agree. In return for you cooperation I am authorized to release as a token of my good faith to you one iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot, can thoroughly clean a floor with FOUR (4) cleaning stages, prep,wash,scrub,dry, and include one bottle of 8 OZ. (8 ounce) Scooba Juice cleaning fluid. This robots can follow walls and crisscroos rooms without need of human agency. Not to be use on carpet, laminate, stone of course I am sure you understand. for such price you would not expect to buy such Scooba but I, can assure you.
After funds of $700,000,000,000 DOLLARS U.S I will forward informations regarding fully protection of all funds, liabilities, equities and other such financial aspects. For now I must ask you to simply place your trust in me as you would a brother, for, are we, all not brothers?
I pray, that this message find it in your heart, to enter in partnership with me in interest of forestalling disastrous circumstance. Should you prefer not to assist me, with funds, I shall direct my I.R.S agents to procure the funds anyway from you, this voluntarily way is more amenable and you will atleast get a SCOOBA mop robot out of the deal, as fate wills it.
Your friend everlasting,
Mr. Herny PAULSON United STATES Treasure
Warranty: 1 Year iRobot

LMAO! Shades of 419!
Joe

Hmmm, I heard it different. Something like:
A guy walks into a party, and asks a woman "Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?" She says sure. Guy says "Gimme 50 bucks worth."
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:00:32 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

This is the Operator.
This is alt.home.repair. NOT alt.politics.repair If I want to read about politics, I'll go to a newsgroup with the word POLITICS in the group name. Although we have an election coming soon, and serious problems in the country, why does EVERY newsgroup have to have posts about politics? Newsgroups were given a name for a reason. Stop abusing alt.home.repair, and learn how to behave properly on usenet. A google search for the word "netiquette" will help.
snipped-for-privacy@usenet.com wrote in wrote:

What are you, some sex operator? ESAD.

Buy a vowel. Get a clue. Get a life.
Learn how to use your computer or take it back to the store. There are all sorts of arrows and functions that let you go around this stuff.
If you don't, it's the intellectual equivalent of coming up on a pile of dog shit on the sidewalk, getting down on your knees, smelling it, and tasting it with your index finger.
You see the subject. You see the usual suspect in the From column. And then you open it and bitch.
If you don't have the common sense to go around it, you probably eat a lot of dog shit in the real world, too.
HTH, but I doubt it.
Steve