Bad wood floors

I have engineered light oak wood floors. My Male dog has sprayed on many parts of it. As we started to discover the black stains on the floor we found out that pet urine penetrates from the bottom up. I have recently seen a lot of wood floors being painted. Is there a painting process that I can do to salvage my floors.
Thanks ES/Fl
I am sure that there are many good floor paints out there, BUT the paint will do nothing for the urine that has soaked between the boards and discoloured them. You will never get the smell of urine out unless you remove the urine itself.

Consult an industrial chemical supply place near you - yellow pages - there are enzymes that might help with neytralizing the odor. I was successful in eliminating cat odor from a rental that was really bad. If you do get the smell out I'd suggest a darker wood stain - painting wood floors devlaues on re-sell. EXT wrote:

Nothing on the top surface is going to solve the problem of urine soaking up from the leak between the joints and saturation of the wood below. Best thing to do is remove the flooring, and either put down sheet goods or remove the dog.
Louie wrote:

Cover the floor with plastic sheeting. Then carpet.

Thanks for the advice. For those above. I no longer have a urine smell at all.The only thing I have left is the marks were it occured. I have seen a lot of designs in painting the floors. I was unsure of the type of paint that would not only cover up the stain ( keep it from showing through)but also not peel or chip.