Bad Smell From Washer

Over the last few months we have noticed a very foul smell coming from our laundry room. At first I thought it might be the sink next to the washer but after cleaning the trap nothing improved. After doing a load or two it smells for about a day then goes away. I checked the hoses and they are not kinkied so I think it is coming from the pipe in the wall which I cannot get to other than where I put in the hose from the washer. Is there anything besides Drano that I could use that would clean this out? Very frustrating since we have been in the house for 5 years when it was built.
Thanks!

Hi,
Some smelly info for washing machines.....
http://www.applianceaid.com/washer_odor.html
jeff.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote:
<snip>

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired
(jeff) wrote:

Jim Rusling wrote:

I have a freshen up procedure for the Maytag Neptune, a similier should work on others as well.....
http://www.applianceaid.com/neptune2.html#odor
jeff.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote:

Thanks I will give it a try. Ours is a Kenmore, but I think I can figure it out.
--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired