Bad neighbor solution

Page 3 of 4

I'd pick the cat too. Tony

Today, it costs about $75 bucks to go to the pound and get a cat. A woman can get just about any man she wants at the corner bar for the cost of one drink, and 99% of men choose a cheap draft beer as their complimentary adult beverage. Average cost, less than two bucks.
Steve
Steve

Based on your logic, it's OK for someone to pull up in front of your house and send a few bullets through your living room window while your kids are playing in there. The shooter's not the problem. It's your problem. You're really fussy about the safety of your kids, so you should install bullet-resistant windows.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your point's well taken. Fortunately, there's a solution: The bathtub.
Usually the tub's made of cast iron and will stop a bullet. This little trick is well known to the mothers who live in the 'hood.

Ever hit a tub with a sledge hammer? Maybe it'll stop the first bullet, but I wouldn't count on anything after that.

You're correct in that senses of right/wrong differ. Furthermore, there are differing interests to be balanced.
That's why things that affect the community as a whole, are decided by the community as a whole.
Otherwise known as noise ordinances.
Banty
HeyBub

I'd like to talk for 5 minutes with any ***LIAR*** who says they love it when the neighbor's dog wakes them up 2 hours earlier than the alarm clock is set for, and does this every night for two weeks. Anyone who says they'd be OK with this is a ***LIAR***. There are no exceptions.
Like that's gonna help?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

and open the gate. They are barking because they are BORED. Better a life as a stray, than a life in a cell with no pack to interact with.
Amen on the antifreeze.

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better. You are abusive.

So, if the owner won't fix the problem, animal control people are useless and the police won't deal with it, what do you suggest, Einstein?

Abusive is when an owner lets the dog bark for 24 hours and does nothing about it. That's abusive to the dog and to the neighbors. Sometimes antifreeze is a plausible alternative to end the abuse of several parties.
The owner's fault? How do you reason with an idiot? (Not you, the owner.)
Steve

That's why we have jails Tony

I guess you're right. A bullet would be quicker & more humane, but dangerous (and usually illegal) in a typical neighborhood.
Jail the bad neighbor. Send the dog with someone who will take care of it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

One of these will work.
I had a neighbor that I went round and round for a year. He was a retired policeman, so thought rules were for other people. "Animal Control" was a joke. The police referred us to Animal Control.
I bought one of these and mounted it on a pole on my truck, and parked it on the street facing his house. The barking ended in one night. I left it on for a few more nights, and the dogs barked once in a while, but only a couple of barks instead of the 12 hour woof woof woof of a pedigree Lab.
As stated, owners are the problems, not the pets.
steve
wrote Re Re: Bad neighbor solution:

Bought one of what?