ythread

I said DOG - DOG - DOG.....got it now?

Reply to
Ron

Glacial.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

On Sat 28 Jun 2008 10:48:30a, TD told us...

Maybe he could get the owners to eat the hamburger.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Exactly wrong. I'd tell the gal, 'me or the cat'. Let her decide.

S. Barker

Based on your logic, it's OK for someone to pull up in front of your house and send a few bullets through your living room window while your kids are playing in there. The shooter's not the problem. It's your problem. You're really fussy about the safety of your kids, so you should install bullet-resistant windows.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You're correct in that senses of right/wrong differ. Furthermore, there are differing interests to be balanced.

That's why things that affect the community as a whole, are decided by the community as a whole.

Otherwise known as noise ordinances.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

I'd like to talk for 5 minutes with any ***LIAR*** who says they love it when the neighbor's dog wakes them up 2 hours earlier than the alarm clock is set for, and does this every night for two weeks. Anyone who says they'd be OK with this is a ***LIAR***. There are no exceptions.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Here are 2 methods I don't recommend:

One real estate agent (in CA I think) got mad at another and ran an ad on Craigslist. It gave an address and said they were remodelling the house and needed to gut it. Come by and remove anything you want, but don't destroy anything.

It was the address of an empty house the other realtor owned. Many showed up and picked the house empty.

Another in Miami posted an ad pretending to be a hooker. He included the phone number of a competing agent.

Reply to
RandyCorona

That was on national news. The person who ran the ad was prosecuted I believe.

Reply to
jthread

I mean that you just complained about the rooster HERE - HERE - HERE.

Even if you didn't complain about it to the owner (or authorities), still, come on! There has been for awhile increasing numbers of people moving to rural environments who aren't used to it, then complain about rural realities like roosters and fertilizer and pesticide smells, and road use by agricultural implements.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Nice try. Always paint yourself into a corner?

You wrote: So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about this rooster" insinuating that I complained about it to the LE, when in fact I clearly wrote that I called LE on the dogs.

Now, piss off.

Reply to
Ron

Who's squirming out of a corner here? ai The *point* is, it's silly to compln - officially or otherwise - about things like roosters when you've moved to a rural area.

It's no surprise you're reacting like this, frankly. Always the *other* guy's issue heh.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Easy to say, harder to do. 99% of the time, they will pick the damn cat. The cats are surrogate children for most women, IMHO. Hope you like living alone....

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I think they teach that stuff in Realtor School.

Reply to
HeyBub

But that sort of thing is common. People move next to a firing range and complain about the noise and safety issues. People move next to a railroad track and complain about the trains.

Many years ago, a group at the end of an LAX runway complained about the increased traffic, especially at night. They got vocal. Then they got demonstrative. Then they went to the county board and state legislature.

But they forgot something.

LAX is an autonomous state agency. LAX condemned all the homes in the subdivision under imminent domain, bulldozed the houses, and extended the runway. Plus they announced the same thing would happen to any other wisenheimers who dared mess with them.

Case over.

Reply to
HeyBub

Your point's well taken. Fortunately, there's a solution: The bathtub.

Usually the tub's made of cast iron and will stop a bullet. This little trick is well known to the mothers who live in the 'hood.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ever hit a tub with a sledge hammer? Maybe it'll stop the first bullet, but I wouldn't count on anything after that.

Reply to
Bob F

I guess you're right. A bullet would be quicker & more humane, but dangerous (and usually illegal) in a typical neighborhood.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom