Bad neighbor solution

Page 2 of 4

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better. You are abusive.

Oh lighten up. I wouldn't do it. It's from "Slaughterhouse Five".
On Sat 28 Jun 2008 10:48:30a, TD told us...

Maybe he could get the owners to eat the hamburger.
--
Wayne Boatwright
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

If you can't make the owners behave like humans, and the law won't help you, you have no choice but to kill the dog(s). Everyone knows this.
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:22:00 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

This is true. However the OP made the strategic mistake of complaining about the dogs. This should never be done because:
1) Dogs barking for a long time and the owner does nothing about it, ergo the owner is not a reasonable neighorbor and will not solve the problem.
2) Multiple complaints to dog owner result in no improvement.
3) Dogs are found in the "big sleep". Guess who is the first suspect?
Again: never complain about dogs if there is even a remote possibility that you will have to take corrective action.
P.S. I live in a rural area and have several dogs.

Unless you skip 1, 2 and go directly to 3.
That's what he just said.....
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Good strategy.
Another kind works, assuming you can be fairly sure you'll get an intelligent cop when the neighbor dials 911 on you: Clearly tell the neighbor "If your doesn't stop doing (whatever), I will kill the dog." You have to have an "if" in there. I did that with a neighbor, and she knew exactly where I live because I pointed to my property and said "That's mine. If your dog keeps crapping in my flower beds, I will kill it."
A cop came to the door and asked "Did you tell your neighbor you were going to kill her?" I corrected him and explained the situation and what I really said to her. He said "I understand. I'll take care of it." He went back to the neighbor's house. Never saw the dog again. I'm guessing he told her "How about you obey the law and you won't have crazy neighbors threatening your dog?"
Caesar Romano wrote:

Very good. Very, very good advice.
I actually told my neighbor I APPROVE of his barking dogs (I really do). I can't hear them from the bedroom side of the house and they tend - I hope - to discourage burglars.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Slice of bread soaked in anti-freeze? Works all the time. sorry for the dog having an owner like that. I am a dog owner.
Wouldn't some meat help make it appetizing?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Go drink it yourself.

What would be your solution if you exhausted absolutely all legal possibilities and a neighbor's dog was still making life miserable for you?
Oh...you don't have one. Just as I thought.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Kidnap the dog. Enroll it in a two-week obedience camp. Return the dog.
Sure, it'll cost a significant amount, but shouldn't you pay for your problem?

If a neighbor's dog barks all night, it's MY problem?
I knew you were stupid, but lately, you're raising stupid to an art form.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Well, yeah. The problem belongs to (usually) he who dislikes the situation. If I'm allergic to cats and start dating a gal who has a fluffy, what should I do? Off the cat? Make her choose? Get the shots? Find another woman? My personal sense of morality says "Get the shots." Your sense of right/wrong may, of course, differ.

I know, I know. But what's art without suffering.
Exactly wrong. I'd tell the gal, 'me or the cat'. Let her decide.

S. Barker wrote:

The cats are surrogate children for most women, IMHO. Hope you like living alone....
-- aem sends...