Bad A/C reversing valve?

Page 1 of 5
We completed construction on our home in Florida in 7/2006. We have 2 Bryant central air units (one 3 ton unit and one 4 ton unit). Last week I noticed the 3ton unit couldn't keep up with the cooling during the afternoon hours. I called the A/C company that put the units in during construction. Here is what happened:
Visit 1: (last week): the tech tells me the system is low on freon either because it was never filled properly or there is a leak (they'll test for the leak if it gets low again and the problem resurfaces). I received a bill for $90 and was told the unit would catch up that night then should be fine. The tech noted that air was now coming out 16 degrees cooler than when going in so I should now be fine.
Visit 2: after I called and advised there was no change the boss sent out his "best diagnostician" who "made some adjustments" with the air handler which is up in the attic and noted we now had 18 degrees of cooling and the unit would be fine once it catches up tonight, but again there was no change.
Visit 3 (today): the boss decided to send a team to figure it out, the 2 original techs plus one more. They each seemed to have their own diagnosis of the problem based on what my wife had overheard (unfortunately I wasn't around the whole time). They had simply told me the plan was to gather info and have Bryant diagnose the system. Now I'm told the reversing valve needs to be replaced to the sum of $720 even though the unit and part is under warranty (I'm told it's a lot of labor to replace it).
I called another company who will come in the morning for a free estimate/2nd opinion. They told me the problem didn't sound like something caused by a bad reversing valve but they'd come out and see. I'm looking for any advice on how to proceed with and what questions I should ask, as I'm looking at a lot of money and not confident these guys know what the real problem is.
I guess I should have posted this on alt.hvac. which I'll do.
On Aug 31, 5:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It could be anything but you would think that the problem would be under warranty.
Allot of the times you can play with the paper work to get it under warranty if it that close.
Let us know what they find.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

warranty
Most manufactures have a 5 yr parts warranty. And most reputable HVAC companies will take care of the installation costs when it's just over a yr old.
But, then again, the company isn't reputable or they wouldn't be relying on Bryant to diagnose a unit they installed!!!!

Ohhhh that should be fun. Be sure to report back and tell us what you learned.

Maybe he already knows how to ignore abusive folks?
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Like yourself, who offers the OP no useful information.

I did offer the OP useful information. The information is: posters in alt.hvac are generally abusive in nature. You are a prime example.
So now you are wrong one more time. Will you ever learn?
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

you
I already know that you're an idiot. Looking for a cookie?

Wait right here. Someone will come along and explain it to you.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

No explanation needed, you're an idiot.

Sounds about right coming from someone who believes that local code can only be more restrictive than model code. Just keep saying it and maybe some day it will be true. GOOD LUCK.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

what
in
only
day
Are you looking for your donut?

Typical nonsense response from a psychotic individual. Get help now.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Makes more sense then your inaccurate bullshit.

Only to you...
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

can
some
And anyone with a brain...

code
Anyone with a brain see that you are by nature an abusive and antagonistic personality with an obsessive-compulsive disorder. GOOD LUCK.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

maybe