Backyard area wet due to airconditioning primary drain line dripping

Hi,
This is for a new house we moved into last summer. Both last summer and this summer, an area of our backyard has been extremely wet due to dripping from the house airconditioning primary drain line.
The AC folks say the AC system is fine that that the drain line is to allow water to drip off. The water comes of the drain line drop by drop.
However since the AC is run 7x24 in the summers, an area of the yard remains very wet.
Any suggestion of what to do to resolve this problem. I have heard of french drains but perhaps that is for more severe problems. I do not have standing pool(s) of water , just very wet area.
Thanks Bob

A hose to move around to water the plants?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Dig a 3' deep x 2' wide hole and fill it with coarse gravel. Let the condensate drain drip over this area. That should do it.
I've never heard of an A/C system putting out so much condate water that it doesn't just get absorbed by the ground. Even grass should deal with this without much problem. You must have very poor drainage. I agree with the idea to extend the piping so the water goes to some plant beds. Or create a plant bed.
We have the same issue here to some extent. Meaning all the houses have AC's that are putting out allot of condensate. I just used another piece of PVC & extended it away from the house further. The idea for watering the plants is also a good one if you can get gravity to work on your side. Good luck, Randy

I put a 5 gallon bucket under my AC drain pipe and then water the plants in the yard with it.

These are good suggestions. You could also reroute the drain into your sewer, or have a plumber do it, although it would be a waste of good irrigation water. But then, I live in a dry area, and you probably don't. -Jitney
I would replace the hose with a longer one or extend to get it further away from the house. If you have someplace the needs watering you should be able to rig up a soaker hose to more evenly distribute the water.

In some areas dumping condensate water in the sewer is against the law. I didn't write the law, I'm just repeating it....

I'm not sure if it's legal, but run the condensate down the drain. Comes to mind.
Others have suggested "french drains", or dig a hole and fill it with rocks. I'd be thinking more like a bucket with a big hole in the bottom, or bury the bucket open side down. That would gvie the water more space to fill before it over flows.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd have to guess that is a common practice, legal or not. And not likely to result in SWAT raids at 4 AM, either.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

No. A bunch of guys in coveralls with H V A C emblazoned on their backs will swoop down twirling sling psychrometers in one hand and a code book in the other.....
nevermind.....

That would be the HVAC ninjas? Actually, I thought your reply was funny.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.