Backflow Valve

Backflow Pressure Valves are use in places where perhaps Chemical maybe use in mixers washers ETC. If your premise's use any of this do not Eliminate BPV. if inspector comes around you could be penalized with very hefty fines, also you did not say is this well water or City water that makes big difference. For the well water yes you can use check valve but not if you use chemical down the line on the City supply defiantly not. Some area in USA are very strict on that.

Reply to
Tony944

What are you babbling about, we had a bad storm here a couple years ago, many neighbours basements flooded because of water coming back up through the drains. Ours fortunately did not, but we did get a backflow valve installed, since our home insurance was dropping coverage for that situation unless I wanted to pay a hefty premium increase. Given the cost of that insurance rider, the valve made more sense.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

As always, on target and in touch today. The rest of us here can read that it's a private residence with a well.

Reply to
trader_4

You are sure a "Backflow Pressure Valve" was what you used? Somehow I doubt it.

Reply to
Bob F

What are you babbling about, we had a bad storm here a couple years ago, many neighbours basements flooded because of water coming back up through the drains. Ours fortunately did not, but we did get a backflow valve installed, since our home insurance was dropping coverage for that situation unless I wanted to pay a hefty premium increase. Given the cost of that insurance rider, the valve made more sense. Froz....

So what you saying that sewage backup into your sink and then got into faucet and back into water system or through any other access on premise's. Do I understand you right, Yes my English is poor but you are Really babbling!

Reply to
Tony944