backflow prevention/anti siphon valve for kitchen sink?

I live in a condo on the 3rd floor. The complex has 6 floors. There have been a few times where the kitchen sink gets flooded with whatever is in the pipes at the time. One time the amount was enough to get onto the countertop and onto the floor. This was a result of a unit above me pouring paint down the sink. I'd like to prevent this from happening in the future so was wondering if there are any devices out there that could be installed in the pipes under my kitchen sink that would prevent backflow into the sink. From what i've seen so far it would have to be some type of backflow preventer or anti siphon valve. Does anyone have a solutions/products for the above problem?
thanks
fm
fmercury wrote:

Bummer.
http://www.deanbennett.com/zoellercheckvalves.htm These are usually used vertical, but the #30-0015 might work OK horizontal. How you adapt it to the trap piping will depend on what's under the sink...
Jim

waste water, it is not going to work out very well.