Back splash Tile

Hi all,

Does anyone know any good web sites that explain step by step how to install ceramic tile backsplash? I have done some tile work but it has been about 30 years ago and a refresher wouldn't hurt before I get started.

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
GoHabsGo

Calling all tile experts!

I did some googling and found some web sites to help me but still have a couple of questions.

I plan on doing a very simple layout with all tiles on diamond points. So I'll have to cut the tiles very carefully (I will have a wet saw for this). My bottom row will consist completely of tiles cut point to point making triangles.

  1. My backsplash will consist of two walls, 1 corner and one range area. Any pointers on where to begin to avoid smallish peices at either end and the corner?

  1. My first thought was to not use spacers, instead butting them together using the built-in bumps for spacing, minimizing the grout lines. Will this be too tight?

  2. If I don't use spacers as above, I assume that I will need to use spacer of sorts for the bottom row, right?

  1. The bottom row should be caulked and not grouted (from what I read). I assume that the grout is done first (allowed to dry) then clean out the bottom space, insert the caulking and finally smooth the caulk.

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
GoHabsGo