Back-Siphon Valves in Dishwashers?

I'd like to avoid putting in an air gap near our sink (forgetting code for a second).
Does anyone know if Maytag (QuietSeries400) has an anti siphon valve in their dishwasher outputs?
In other words, if I don't use an air gap am I risking back contamination or do modern day dishwashers have something that protects them?
Thanks.
Run the drain hose to underneath the top of the sink and use a wire tie to hold it there. As long as it is looped higher than the drain, you will not have any backup.