Back from a work travel trip

Page 1 of 2
Been out of town for a few days on work. I brought home all the samples I could find, including the motel soap, shampoo, and the small maple syrup bottles from Cracker Barrel. Today I took my eye glasses off, and stepped into the shower. I figured to save money by using the motel shampoo (Days Inn, and very good quality shampoo actually). I took the cap off the motel shampoo sample and poured it onto my head. Then, the over powering scent of pancakes came into the shower and my head got sticky.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That IS funny!!!
Stormin Mormon wrote:

So you poured maple syrup, LOL!
On 6/3/14, 10:00 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

So how did your morning pancakes taste with "Days Inn" shampoo ?
Clean and radiant ?
On 6/3/2014 11:43 AM, Retired wrote:

Sunny, even the sausage was not greasy. And I sneezed, and blew bubbles out my nose.
And then I got compliments on how shiny and full bodied my pancakes were.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:00:00 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

lets me forgot that one!
HB
On 6/3/2014 12:08 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Getting foggily ready in the a.m. I took the coffee pot and poured it - into the soft-boiled egg I had just breached. Family never

A friend of mine put Desitin diaper ointment on her tooth brush one time. Said that was awful, and took forever to go away.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 06/03/2014 09:00 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Well, my wife and I recently got back from our yearly trip to NY.
We stayed at the Edison Hotel.
I stole a hanger from them in 1966 but no one at the desk mentioned it... so this time I took a pen and a note pad.
Did not take any shampoo, I'm so bald I've only used up a few ounces of the stuff in the last two years.
On 6/3/2014 1:41 PM, philo wrote:

Stormin's post is funny. We have a night's motel reservation at the beach in a couple of weeks and I cringe at what my wife set up and is paying. I'll pocket anything I can get away with.
On 6/3/2014 2:21 PM, Frank wrote:

At the beach in a couple of weeks has to be top dollar. Hope you have a great time though and forget about the $$$ spent.
We prefer to travel off peak when the crowds have diminished and the rates are about 1/3 of peak time. Damned air fare is still very high though.
On 6/3/2014 2:21 PM, Frank wrote:

Sigh. Do unto others as they do unto you.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:24:43 PM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Few years ago I was on a trip to China. I asked all the participants for b athroom toiletries they did not want. Got a whole ****load, which I dragge d home and donated to a battered women's shelter. Often these poor women h ave to flee in the middle of the night with only the clothes on their back and their children. They have nothing, so can use basic toiletries.
Go thou and do likewise -- to the charity of your choice.
HB

You know, that's excellent idea. My Dad used to know someone who brought a five gallon bucket (also called ****) to meetings, to collect such items. Thank you for a very excellent reminder.
I actually did have a couple of **** in the truck with me, one was a **** of used locks for me to use, and the other held a garden sprayer that I use at work. I've found a lot of uses for **** and sometimes smaller buckets, not five gallon ones. Two gal buckets are abreviated **.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/3/2014 1:41 PM, philo wrote:

Shoulda grabbed it. You could have made a fortune selling it on eBay.
On 06/03/2014 01:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I do have some lotion and shampoo from the Chelsea Hotel but would never sell it now.
On 6/3/2014 1:41 PM, philo wrote:

I didn't realize you're an interstate criminal?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 06/03/2014 07:23 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I left then a note about the hanger when I left

My wife and I once stayed at the Eden au Lac Hotel in Switzerland. It was BEAUTIFUL, antique interiors, not like taking the U.S. with you when you travel. had 15 foot high ceilings and 12 foot high floor to top windows with beautiful round arches at the tops. Old building so the walls were like 2 feet thick from the interior out to the window. Still remember the sunlight hitting the thin lace curtains and throwing a diffused light about the room full of antique furniture. The Hotel even provided dark blue limoge ashtrays [clearly labeled, Limoge, France on the back] with the Hotel logo on the front in gold lettering. Of course, Ms. Macy was doing an R2D2 impersonation rocking from foot to foot, "P-l-e-a-s-e call down to the manager and see if we can have one of these ashtrays." So I called and reached manager's assistand? and broached the subject with, "You have these beautiful ashtrays in the room" The lady interrupted with, "They're from Limoge. We have them specially made." I went on, "I know. Is it possible for us to buy one of them to take with us?" ....very long pause, and her voice came back very unsteadily, "They're complementary, ...for our guests. ...Please take one."
Wow! Thanks! Then when we checked out of the Hotel, the manager had a limousine and driver at our disposal to take us wherever we wanted to go.
I LOVED that hotel!
It's so fun to do the right thing and get so much more than expected.
On 06/03/2014 08:51 PM, RobertMacy wrote:
<snip>

Sounds wonderful!
On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 7:14:04 AM UTC-7, philo  wrote:

Sigh! These two words often get mixed up. If anybody cares:
COMPLEMENTARY: com·ple·men·ta·ry adjective \ˌk m-plə-ˈmen-t(ə-)rē\ : completing something else or making it better : serving as a complement
—used of two things when each adds something to the other or helps to make the other better
: going together well : working well together
whereas
COMPLIMENTARY:
com·pli·men·ta·ry adjective \ˌkäm-plə- ˈmen-t(ə-)rē\ : expressing praise or admiration for someone or something
: given for free Full Definition of COMPLIMENTARY
1 a : expressing praise or admiration : expressing or containing a complime nt <a complimentary remark> b : favorable <the novel received complimentary reviews>
2 : given free as a courtesy or favor <complimentary tickets> — com·pli·men·ta·ri·ly adverb
=============================== .for our guests. ...Please take one."

Well, sometimes you get your head handed to you for doing the right thing, but we can't let that deter us; Doing the Right Thing is its own reward.
HB [...]