Back from a work travel trip

Been out of town for a few days on work. I brought home all the samples I could find, including the motel soap, shampoo, and the small maple syrup bottles from Cracker Barrel. Today I took my eye glasses off, and stepped into the shower. I figured to save money by using the motel shampoo (Days Inn, and very good quality shampoo actually). I took the cap off the motel shampoo sample and poured it onto my head. Then, the over powering scent of pancakes came into the shower and my head got sticky.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That IS funny!!!

Reply to
Ken

Hmm, So you poured maple syrup, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

So how did your morning pancakes taste with "Days Inn" shampoo ?

Clean and radiant ?

Reply to
Retired

I can empathize. Long ago in another galaxy, when I was working in the studios, we had to punch clocks. Getting foggily ready in the a.m. I took the coffee pot and poured it - into the soft-boiled egg I had just breached. Family never lets me forgot that one!

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Well, my wife and I recently got back from our yearly trip to NY.

We stayed at the Edison Hotel.

I stole a hanger from them in 1966 but no one at the desk mentioned it... so this time I took a pen and a note pad.

Did not take any shampoo, I'm so bald I've only used up a few ounces of the stuff in the last two years.

Reply to
philo

Stormin's post is funny. We have a night's motel reservation at the beach in a couple of weeks and I cringe at what my wife set up and is paying. I'll pocket anything I can get away with.

Reply to
Frank

Shoulda grabbed it. You could have made a fortune selling it on eBay.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I do have some lotion and shampoo from the Chelsea Hotel but would never sell it now.

Reply to
philo

Sunny, even the sausage was not greasy. And I sneezed, and blew bubbles out my nose.

And then I got compliments on how shiny and full bodied my pancakes were.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

At the beach in a couple of weeks has to be top dollar. Hope you have a great time though and forget about the $$$ spent.

We prefer to travel off peak when the crowds have diminished and the rates are about 1/3 of peak time. Damned air fare is still very high though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

was working in the studios, we had to punch clocks. Getting foggily ready in the a.m. I took the coffee pot and poured it - into the soft-boiled egg I had just breached. Family never

A friend of mine put Desitin diaper ointment on her tooth brush one time. Said that was awful, and took forever to go away.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I didn't realize you're an interstate criminal?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sigh. Do unto others as they do unto you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Now that you mention it about doing unto others:

Few years ago I was on a trip to China. I asked all the participants for b athroom toiletries they did not want. Got a whole ****load, which I dragge d home and donated to a battered women's shelter. Often these poor women h ave to flee in the middle of the night with only the clothes on their back and their children. They have nothing, so can use basic toiletries.

Go thou and do likewise -- to the charity of your choice.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I left then a note about the hanger when I left

Reply to
philo

My wife and I once stayed at the Eden au Lac Hotel in Switzerland. It was BEAUTIFUL, antique interiors, not like taking the U.S. with you when you travel. had 15 foot high ceilings and 12 foot high floor to top windows with beautiful round arches at the tops. Old building so the walls were like 2 feet thick from the interior out to the window. Still remember the sunlight hitting the thin lace curtains and throwing a diffused light about the room full of antique furniture. The Hotel even provided dark blue limoge ashtrays [clearly labeled, Limoge, France on the back] with the Hotel logo on the front in gold lettering. Of course, Ms. Macy was doing an R2D2 impersonation rocking from foot to foot, "P-l-e-a-s-e call down to the manager and see if we can have one of these ashtrays." So I called and reached manager's assistand? and broached the subject with, "You have these beautiful ashtrays in the room" The lady interrupted with, "They're from Limoge. We have them specially made." I went on, "I know. Is it possible for us to buy one of them to take with us?" ....very long pause, and her voice came back very unsteadily, "They're complementary, ...for our guests. ...Please take one."

Wow! Thanks! Then when we checked out of the Hotel, the manager had a limousine and driver at our disposal to take us wherever we wanted to go.

I LOVED that hotel!

It's so fun to do the right thing and get so much more than expected.

Reply to
RobertMacy

the participants for bathroom toiletries they did not want. Got a whole ****load, which I dragged home and donated to a battered women's shelter. Often these poor women have to flee in the middle of the night with only the clothes on their back and their children. They have nothing, so can use basic toiletries.

You know, that's excellent idea. My Dad used to know someone who brought a five gallon bucket (also called

****) to meetings, to collect such items. Thank you for a very excellent reminder.

I actually did have a couple of **** in the truck with me, one was a **** of used locks for me to use, and the other held a garden sprayer that I use at work. I've found a lot of uses for **** and sometimes smaller buckets, not five gallon ones. Two gal buckets are abreviated **.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds wonderful!

Reply to
philo

Sigh! These two words often get mixed up. If anybody cares:

COMPLEMENTARY: com·ple·men·ta·ry adjective \?k m-pl?-?men-t(?-)r?\ : completing something else or making it better : serving as a complement

?used of two things when each adds something to the other or helps to make the other better

: going together well : working well together

whereas

COMPLIMENTARY:

com·pli·men·ta·ry adjective \?käm-pl?- ?men-t(?-)r?\ : expressing praise or admiration for someone or something

: given for free Full Definition of COMPLIMENTARY

1 a : expressing praise or admiration : expressing or containing a complime nt b : favorable

2 : given free as a courtesy or favor ? com·pli·men·ta·ri·ly adverb

.for our guests. ...Please take one."

Well, sometimes you get your head handed to you for doing the right thing, but we can't let that deter us; Doing the Right Thing is its own reward.

HB [...]

Reply to
Higgs Boson