b&d "hedgehog" and battery

I have this hedge trimmer with the 14.4v battery (ps140). When I hit a branch too large for the trimmer there is a smell from the battery pack like it is over-heating and then the power drains and I only have about

2-3 minutes until the battery dies.

Is this a faulty battery or is the branch making the unit work too hard and that is draining the battery?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Reply to
Eddie G

Overloading the trimmer, thus overloading the batteries. They are not built to do more than a quick trim. Corded or gas is still the best way to go for power.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Eddie G" wrote in news:1165422217.537683.106580 @j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

- It's a hedge timmer