Avoid Preway Service Inc. in New York!

I'm hoping Google catches this post when people are looking for an appliance repair company in New York. I wanted to warn people about this company. They are called Preway Service, Inc. and their rudeness is only matched by their incompetence. It's a miracle they are still in business. I called Preway because they are an authorized LG repair company (one of only a handful LG lists in the NYC area). Even though I already gave them the part number I needed (new pump), it took them 2 weeks to send a guy out. After the pointless 5 minute visit, which cost me $100, I waited another 3 weeks for the part to come in and then another week for a second technician visit Oh, by the way, NO ONE ever called me to let me know anything. I had me calling them back to check on the part arrival and to set up a service call. Every phone call I made to them was met with a disgruntled and soured employee. Anyway, we finally got the repair date and Preway told us to expect the technician from 11am to 2pm on a Tuesday. I took a half day off from work to be here for the appointment but I need to be back at my office by 4:30pm. At 2:30 (30 minutes PAST a 3 hour window) he has not showed up yet. I call Preway to see if I can get an ETA and again, as usual, they shower me with a pissy attitude and tell me I need to give or take

30 minutes to the 3 HOUR WINDOW and tell me I need to be patient. 3:30 comes... no repair man. Finally a little after 4pm the guy finally arrives with a new pump in hand... YAY! I didn't care that I have been waiting 6 weeks and these people suck, I was just glad this experience was about to be over. Since he missed the 3 hour window and he was so late, I assumed the technician was having a hectic day so I asked him how many jobs he had done already that day. He told me "this is my only job today". I guess he needed more than 5 hours to get to me! Anyway, it becomes painfully obvious that he doesn't know this LG model washer or what he's doing to install the new pump. After about an hour, he wants to give it a try. OF COURSE... it doesn't work. He diddles around for an additional 30 minutes... STILL DOESN'T WORK. They ordered the wrong pump. Of course they did. Then he says he has to go, bails out on me, and leaves me with a "JOB COMPLETED" slip. Excellent. So, here it is, 7 weeks into dealing with Preway to replace a pump in my washer that I told them I needed in my first phone call to them. I'm probably not even half through this ordeal yet. Oh, and did i mention that my credit card has been charged $397 for this? They throw in the rude service for free. This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with min my life. I'm posting this in hopes it might save others from them. I am also contacting LG to try and get them removed from the authorized vendor list. LG should not be sending their customers to this piece of crap company.
Reply to
Grey Leader

First mistake - paying $100 for a service call when they didn't have the specified part with them.

Second mistake. You should have sent him away and told the company to send a competent employee.

Third mistake - signing a "Job Completed" ticket when the job wasn't done.

Tell the company you didn't get the service you paid for and that will dispute the CC billing if they don't complete the job in a timely fashion for $397 total. If they don't cooperate file a complaint with LG, your local BBB, and your state's attorney general. At least you'll get $500 worth of entertainment out of it.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Another thing: It's sometimes not such a hot idea to tell a repair person what part they need. If the new part doesn't fix the problem, you still have to pay for it, and it's your own fault for diagnosing incorrectly.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes, but..... where I live it is quite common for service techs to specify a new part, put it in and then discover that while it is the right part it doesn't solve the problem. So they install another new part, and maybe that solves the problem. Or maybe not. Sometimes by the third try they find the root cause of the problem, and change the part that actually failed.

Here it is standard practice to charge the customer for all the parts used whether they were needed or not. That may not happen where you live, in which case I envy you.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

My first house came with a GE washer which developed problems with the transmission, although I didn't know it was the transmission at the time. Got a book from the library specifically for working on GE washers. Then, I called GE and had a great time with the tech on the phone. He told me to turn the knob to the cycle where the tub wasn't spinning, and to hold the phone near the machine so he could hear the VERY loud noise it was making. He said "transmission", gave me the list price, and gave me names & phone numbers of 4 places which had one in stock. Amazing. Two days later, it was fixed.

If GE's gone the way of many other companies these days, that guy was probably fired, and forced to sign an agreement that he'd never share his knowledge with anyone else ever again. Then, he was replaced with someone from India who talks to customers with an insane accent, using a cell phone while sitting inside a metal room full of echoes.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom