Average Cost To Paint An Interior Of A Room

repaint
You don't need priming, you need cleaning. Primer over dirty walls won't help anything.

give
meant to say square foot (of wall area, not floor area)

it
two
Also if painting a bright red, it might take 4 coats. But if you buy a good paint (high acrylic, Sherwin Williams SuperPaint, etc) it will usually go on in one coat. That's expensive paint, but a lot cheaper than doing 2 coats.

Say
good
on
coats.
ya know ive responded to your first post, now that ive read the rest, its clear you dont paint and dont know anything about it. you're arguing about primer than you're talking about 4 coats to get coverage?
stick to what you know.
randy

go
about
Of course "clear" colors such as BRIGHT RED (like I said) will take 4 coats. Using a primer is not going to change this, since you have to count those coats. A primer does nothing for you that good paint doesn't do (unless you're "sealing" bare drywall, sealing stains, etc.) You want a high solids paint to "prime", so you might as well just use a paint with high solids to begin with. And it's clear to me you've never used good paint.
Painting is a do-it-yourself job, but maybe that's me. Having empty rooms makes it so much easier. I could do the job in a week, so with the price quoted I'd be making $189,800 a year! A good canvas drop cloth is about $50, brushes rollers pans $100, masking tape $5. You could get four or five quotes to see what is fair, but check references to ensure quality work. Contractors should agree to "No pay" until the work is done to your satisfaction.
On 6 Jul 2004 16:48:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@paxemail.com (Amy L.) wrote:

(Amy L.) wrote:

If the ceiling is in good shape and doesn't need much prep, the price is very high. That job can be done with a roller very quickly. The rest is hard to tell without seeing what needs to be done, but it doesn't sound out of line. You need to get more quotes.
On 6 Jul 2004 16:48:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@paxemail.com (Amy L.) wrote:

Labor prices vary worldwide. Location is the most important detail.
Barry
Thank you to everyone who has posted thier thoughts. For all the questions that were asked here are some rough answers
[1] Primer is needed because some of the walls have some really deep red colors and the new paint that will cover them will be light colors. The contractor said in order to cover the other paint it will need to be primed. [2] I am unable to do the work myself, because of the short time frame and for what its worth I am not a very good painter. So I was hoping that the job would be professionaly done.
Again thank you very much for your time and input it is appreciated. Amy.
snipped-for-privacy@paxemail.com (Amy L.) wrote in message

Why are you supplying the paint
I was able to buy the paint wholesale because I have a friend that is able to purchase the paint for cost. Through my friend I was able to get the same paint that the contractor was going to use, but for cheaper than what I was going to be charged from him.
Amy.