Avast fraud

Page 5 of 5
alt.home.repair:

So, several off-topic, 100-plus-line political screeds isn't a rant, eh?
"Oh, no! I'm not ranting!", he says as he continues to rant.
I think she's barking up the wrong tree, too, but it's obvious that you're trying to nurse your continuing grudge against her by bringing it into unrelated threads.
On Monday, August 25, 2014 10:50:57 AM UTC-7, Nil wrote:

Thanks, but I got it covered. Forwarded pertinent posts to distant cousin-in-law, PI with specialization in Internet crime.
Response: "Hey, shit-for-brains (after all, we are family <g>) what do you expect, hanging out with crazies! Stop forwarding their shit! If any actual threat, physical or otherwise, THEN I go after perps; easy to find.
Uh, oh! Got my head handed to me. Deserved it. Can find repair info on-line.
Ave atque vale.
HB

Easy on the bait, bunky. You don't want to choke yourself, do you?

just like your beef with Avast, you truly are clueless and NO CRIME has been commited. Just like your cousin told you and obviously knows you're a whack job,too <chuckle> Ya just can't fix stupid!!! No matter how long you search the internet
Oren posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Higgy in a nut(shell)... I am beginning to wonder if this is Stumpies evil twin.
Ok Oren, calm, calm, find your happy place*
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Substitute latest crisis and get it makes sense.

It's inevitable isn't it?
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Hey Oren, I bet you saw shredded butt in your line of work...
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

I was thinking... what a dufus... Let's all call Avast and complain with different problems. My mouse is running hot. My keyboard has this funny white powder in it. My computer runs too fast. The power is out and my computer doesn't work. If I clean my screen will I get rid of the bugs?
--
Tekkie

On 8/25/2014 8:14 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I washed my key board in the dish washer, and now it doesn't work. I broke the slide out cup holder. The picture is the wrong size for the screen. How do I get this internet stuff? I need to get connected to some thing.
Hope cousin Sara will forgive me telling about her questions to me.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 08/25/2014 05:19 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Actual call. I had a lady call and ask if her monitor was dead. She had placed one of her potted plants on top of it. Yup, she watered it. When she saw water had leaked all through her monitor, she turned on her monitor to see it it still worked. Stink and smoke time.
Had she let it dry out first, it may have still worked.
On 8/26/2014 3:00 PM, Todd wrote:

You do computer tech support? Sounds challenging. I've done a very tiny bit of computer repair, but nothing like that.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 08/26/2014 12:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have my own computer consulting firm. Never a dull moment.
Started doing credit card security (PCI) consulting. Oh my goodness the criminality out there. I now pay cash as much as I can.
Also, don't use Windows, if you can avoid it.
At the Target store in Naperville, IL, on the Rt 59 west side, not the north side, I saw Vanilla Pepsi made with Real Sugar on a special sale. Never seen Pepsi with either of those before.
On 08/27/2014 09:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

In east Texas, I often see "Throwback Pepsi" that is made with sugar.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On 8/19/2014 9:40 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Falling for that is something that I would associate with a 24 year old high schooler.
Some of those software "remedy" outfits are based in locales from which a lot of viruses/malware originate.....
Backup your files to an online storage place, or at least to a separate hard drive, do a re-partition/format of your o/s HD, do a re-install, install a good anti-virus program (maybe your ISP even furnishes one free), and stay away from this "repair" crap.
If you want to avoid a lot of the problems associated with the junk the MS monopoly has generated, consider switching over to Ubuntu o/s (a type of linux). It's free and comes with word processor, spreadsheet, email program, all kinds of free stuff.
Not only do their techs not know their *** from their elbow, but their hours and hours of unsuccessful efforts have ****ed up my computer so badly I have lost valuable programs and documents.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:42:19 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

    Aha, finally you cleared things up. If you called an official Avast number it's on them. If you accepted a random phone call it's on you.     Avast should never offer a service they can't back up, financially, if necessary. Do you have the number you called ? Is it, or was it on the Avast page ?     If it is, save a copy of the page pronto. Also phone and financial records. Evidence.     If it was an incoming unverified phone call, it's a scam. Nothing you can do about it:
http://blog.emsisoft.com/2014/08/29/what-happens-when-a-tech-support-scammer-cold-calls-a-security-expert/     HTH     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012