Auxiliary water-heater tank? ? ?

quoted text -

As long as you are happy.

I absolutely love my anti-gravity machine, too.

Reply to
salty

I agree with the thrust of your argument. There is no free lunch. However he did say that he wrapped pipe around the stack from the wood stove. If so, and depending on how it's done, he's likely recovering some heat that would have gone wasted up the stack and outside. However the part of the heat capturing pipe above the stove is most definitely taking heat that otherwise would have heated the house. So, some of the heat going into the tank is heat that is otherwise wasted. The rest just results in having to burn more wood to achieve the same house temp, meaning he's substituted one fuel for another, which could be a good thing too, depending on the relative costs.

Reply to
trader4

ank, where the

ratures -- =A0

I don't know about any free lunch but the wood I burn is of no extra cost to me exept for the time and fuel it takes me to cut it. I suppose anyone who has to buy their wood might end up costing them a bit more in the end..

I don't mean to say this is a good proposition for everyone but it works well for me.

Did I mention that I also have a "time machine?"

Reply to
Steve

tank, where the

peratures -- =EF=BF=BD

iderably higher

=EF=BF=BDI could

ved a bunch on

water heater and

od burning stove

y just feeling

=BF=BDI figure we

on.- Hide quoted text -

quoted text -

A friend heated his home with wood. I asked how many hours a year it took to cut, haul, split, stack etc.......

if he worked at a minimum wage job it would have been more cost effective, and more convenient. everyones mileage may vary, but its interesting.

this friend normally heated with oil.

wood actually cost more

Reply to
hallerb

xiliary tank to

ge tank, where the

emperatures --

nsiderably higher

tion.- Hide quoted text -

de quoted text -

I know alot of people would never go to the trouble I do of cutting, splitting, hauling, piling, storing, etc. wood that I do. But the fact is that I also enjoy doing it and the benefit is getting great exercise all year long along with the soothing steady heat that wood burning heat gives to a house. Of course you have to keep feeding the wood burning stove regularly but then it makes you get off the Lazyboy every couple hours or so.... I actually feel lucky to be able to heat my house comfortably with a wood burning stove (oil heat as needed)..

Reply to
Steve

auxiliary tank to

rage tank, where the

temperatures --

considerably higher

motion.- Hide quoted text -

de quoted text -

congrats whatever floats you boat:) I was just pointing out its not really free heat

Reply to
hallerb

Any uninsulated tank would do this. This technology was available in 1850.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

replying to trader4, Sdog4127 wrote: Right on in my opinion. This is a great solution to recover lost heat that may otherwise go out the stack or up through the ceiling. Undoubtably more btu are used up, but I really think the net result here is definitely benefit. Using recycled materials helps the ROI significantly. Kudos my Friend!

Reply to
Sdog4127