Automatic Sliding Door Closers

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

Thanks.

Reply to
Andy

Is the door designed and intended to function with an automatic closer ?

You aren't trying to fit a closing mechanism to a patio type sliding door on a house or something ?

Look into Stanley door closers, they come in many sizes and types...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

The sliding glass door is about 30 yrs old and it is a patio type.

I have tried using 1. springs and 2. A pulley with a weight but had no success.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

A motor with a screw drive ina valance above the door????

Reply to
hrhofmann

I have a Doormatic patio door opener that works pretty well but I am not sure they make them anymore. I didn't get any hits on google.

I was using a pulley and a weight for years but you need a light very well lubed door to make that work without a significant opening force. When I bought a heavy duty Andersen Frenchwood door, the pulley weight thing didn't work.

Using a pull scale, the practical limit seems to be 3-4 pounds before the 8-10 pound opening force is oppressive to the girls

Reply to
gfretwell

The only one I ever heard of has been discontinued:

But there may still be some out there somewhere.

Reply to
Bob(but not THAT Bob)

*I found this by doing a search for handicap accessible sliding patio doors:
John Grabowski

rs:

That looks like exactly what the OP wanted.

Reply to
hrhofmann

oors:

Hmmm... $1995.00 starting price... Might be cheaper to hire someone to close the door for you...

Reply to
Larry Fishel

responding to

Arxcis wrote: See