Automatic Sliding Door Closers

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.
Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?
Thanks.

Is the door designed and intended to function with an automatic closer ?
You aren't trying to fit a closing mechanism to a patio type sliding door on a house or something ?
Look into Stanley door closers, they come in many sizes and types...
~~ Evan

The sliding glass door is about 30 yrs old and it is a patio type.
I have tried using 1. springs and 2. A pulley with a weight but had no success.
Andy

A motor with a screw drive ina valance above the door????
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:14:59 -0700 (PDT), Andy

I have a Doormatic patio door opener that works pretty well but I am not sure they make them anymore. I didn't get any hits on google.
I was using a pulley and a weight for years but you need a light very well lubed door to make that work without a significant opening force. When I bought a heavy duty Andersen Frenchwood door, the pulley weight thing didn't work.
Using a pull scale, the practical limit seems to be 3-4 pounds before the 8-10 pound opening force is oppressive to the girls
Andy wrote:

The only one I ever heard of has been discontinued:
http://www.smarthome.com/3180R/Automatic-Sliding-Patio-Door-System-Right-Hand-Door-DM9600-R-ES/p.aspx
But there may still be some out there somewhere.

*I found this by doing a search for handicap accessible sliding patio doors: http://www.planetmobility.com/store/door-opener/maitredoor/

That looks like exactly what the OP wanted.

Hmmm... $1995.00 starting price... Might be cheaper to hire someone to close the door for you...
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/automatic-sliding-door-closers-664544-.htm Arxcis wrote: See www.autoslidedoors.com