Automatic Pool Water Leveler, Anyone Built One?

Now that's a really good idea! That water is just wasted now. My RO is in a location where that would be very practical for me to do that. But when I'm away from home for an extended period of time there is no waste RO water being generated.

Reply to
SMS

There is no overflow valve plumbed into the pool. I haven't seen them on any pools out here.

Before we re-did the pool and replaced the concrete, there was access to the pool light wiring from the concrete deck, but the code changed and now it would be really hard to get to the light wiring conduit to sense the water level.

Reply to
SMS

On my pool they plumbed in a fill line, but it's by the skimmer, it's by the steps.

If you don't have that, you can plumb something in over by the suction side of the pump if you don't want to use a hose.

Reply to
SMS

If I was losing 150 gallons a day I would be looking for a wet spot in the yard. That is a pool leak.

Reply to
gfretwell

No, no leak, in cool weather there are no losses at all. In very hot weather (July, August, September) I can lose 1/8" to 3/16" per day. The pool area is about 75000 square inches in area. A gallon of water is about 231 cubic inches.

75000 sq in * 0.250" /231 cu in/gallon = 81 gallons 75000 sq in * 0.375" /231 cu in/gallon = 122 gallons

Okay, closer to 100 gallons than 150 gallons.

At my late mom's house in Florida the pool never needed water added because in the summer there was enough rain to offset evaporation. In my area of California there is no rain in the summer, and little humidity so evaporation is much greater. I can reduce it a lot by putting on the pool cover but that gets the pool uncomfortably warm.

Reply to
SMS

"

"

"

"

I find it very interesting that you created your own water leveler.I have experimented with over 30 designs of water levelers in the past 30 years in the pond and waterfall business... most floats on the market are mechanical and have a tendency to stick or jam. I eventually patented a water level control that will not stick or jam and will give excellent service for over 30 years!

My wife and I retired two years ago and travel full time in a 40 ft Winnebago motor home. My Aquafill is now being used safely in koi farms and breeders all over the world. I have personally installed well over

1,500 of them on my customers ponds and have only had one fail... that was in the closed position. One more thing, because sprinkler solenoid valves can stick in the open position I recommend installing two of them in series and wire them in parallel so that both are backing each other up!------------------------------------- <
Reply to
DougasCHoover.com