Automatic line feed grass/edge trimmers are the greatest.

I just made a spooler to help wrap cutter line onto my new automatic string feed grass trimmer ("weed eater" type of device). I used serrated line instead of round line as they plainly state is required. It worked great anyway.

The spooler is simply a bit which fits into the center of the empty spool and then into my cordless drill. The spooler bit has to be soft enough to avoid damaging the spool, and it has to be made well enough so the spool turns without wobbling a lot. I made it out of a short wood dowel and a bolt, held together with super glue. As the spooler slowly turns in the specially made drill bit, the line is very neatly wrapped around the spool.

Reply to
John Doe