Automatic Garage Door

Page 2 of 2
Some doors have a bottom sensor that makes them reverse, others have photo eyes that stop or reverse them. A photo eye probably cannot see the 1x2.

Decrease the down force, it should be close to the middle position or a little less. The adjustment knob is to the right & below the srew terminals that the photo-cells & wall button hook to. This is not the down limit (travel) adjustment that is adjusted thru the hole in cover.
Doordoc
There are no seeing eyes (Photo-cells) installed on my garage door..
Would that be possible that I can installed on this make and model?
snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net wrote:

That unit was made by Chamberlain and was also sold under the brandname Liftmaster.
If you want to save some money and deal with a nice small family run business, I can recommend these folks:
http://www.aaadooropeners.com /
You need part # 41C4220A
It comes with illustrated instructions that any reasonably handy person can follow successfully. With shipping it will run you about $35. It even comes with the grease.
Commodore Joe Redcloud

I very seriously doubt that the parts are available. Ihave a Garage door company and I have tried to purchase these.I am pretty sure the operator is built by chamberlin corp. To advoid future problems I would Buy a liftmaster belt drive. I highly Recommend them. I have installed over 300 of them only had problems with 2 in 7 years. good luck Anthony miller anthonys door systems snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

I recommend replacing it. It is probably an old style chamberland operator, made for sears. I would get a Liftmaster belt drive very dependable,quiet. I have a garage door co. Installed over 300 with only problems on 2! great odds! Any Further asistance contact me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Chao!

spring on the door at one point or another. I believe I had a customer one time that had this model a few years ago and sears no longer carried the parts. I would suggest going with a Chamberlin or liftmaster belt drive. Very reiable models I hope this helped you out have a great year Anthony at Anthony's Door Systems snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
These plastic gears generally wear out due to a door that is not operating properly, improper spring adjustment, and/or improper limit settings. If the door does not balance throughout its travel it'll put additional force on the gears. Same goes with an opener that is traveling too far in either direction. Improper adjustments can really take its toll on these gears.
So make sure your door is working nice and smooth without binding. The door should not travel much in either direction when you lift it manually and stop it throughout its travel. Set your limits so that the door is firmly closed without bending the rail up. When the door opener has the door in the open position, it should not lift the door much higher than point where the springs would have naturally held the door open to.
Rich http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:38:01 GMT, "Rich"

Mine (Chamberlain) went out when I was adjusting and testing. I don't recall bumping the end of travel--I think I did mine in by running it up and down too many times in too short a period, with no recent lubrication. I think the worm and gear got warm enough to weaken, and game over.
But I can sure understand how hitting the end of travel too hard would sure stress the hell out of things. And quite easy to do on my 25(?) year old unit.
--
tbl