Automatic Emergency Water Shutoff Device?

I believe it was on this forum, many months ago, that I read a reference to a device that could be installed in one's water line so that if a pipe burst when no one was at home the water would shut off automatically. I assume the shut-off would be triggered by a sudden heavy and sustained (5 minutes?) increase in water flow.

What are these called? How do they work? I'd like to do a little research on the net and locally, but I have no idea of the proper term.

The only time a pipe burst I was home and able to get the main water valve shut off very quickly. I may not be so lucky next time.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
CWLee

CWLee wrote: