Auto Sensing Outdoor Flood Light Not Working in Cold

Noticed that our outdoor auto sensing flood light stops auto sensing in the winter months. It works perfectly in the summer but when the temp gets cold, only the test function works.
I can only get the manual mode to work. In fact, when the auto sensor is set to AUTO, the light switch cannot even turn on the flood lights no matter how many time you turn it off & on. As mentioned, in the summer months, it works fine. Not sure the brand but the back of the unit says Desa Specialty Products and was purchased on Home Depot. Has anyone also experienced this?

The brands I've had become more sensitive in the cold. Perhaps your is broken and should be replaced.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I can understand problems when it's very hot because there is little difference between body temperature and ambient temperature. Mine, an X10 unit, gets insensative when the temperature gets in the mid 90s. However, it also does what the OP says, at very low temperatures, like 0 and below. I can only attribute that to bad circuit design.
On 25 Nov 2006 20:54:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Weird, since my motion detectors work better in the winter. I usually have to turn their senitivity down.
later,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com
Sounds like I need to replace the unit then. Any good brands I can try?
On 29 Nov 2006 23:58:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@partnercentric.com wrote:

Sorry I can't recommend any specific 'brand' I find that I had to buy lights that matched the outside of my house. Antique brass, etc. Plus I stick with the name brands.
Good luck,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com