Auto Question: What are these shock absorber-like things called

On a pickup truck topper, there are those two things that hold up the rear window. They look like small shock absorbers. I need to replace mine, because they wont hold the window up anymore. But I am not sure what to ask for at the parts store. What are they called? I was gonna google it, but not sure what words to use for that either.
On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 6:52:09 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

http://www.autozone.com/collision-body-parts-and-hardware/lift-support
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Gas springs
--
Snag

Oren posted for all of us...

+100 I am surprised he even mentioned Goggle. Heaven forbid he actually use it and learn something.
--
Tekkie

On 4/15/2016 6:51 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I'd call 'em window lifters. Believe me, your parts house guy will know, if you describe them as you have above. Different brands will probably use different names.
Today I went to Ace hardware to buy replacement blue screws that anchor into cement. I had used my Tapcons a day ago. The new ones I got are tappers. Go figure. Much same with your gas shocks, pneumatic lifters, gas lifters, or so on.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 18:51:34 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Mine just cost me $25 each Canadian from my local camping/trailer dealer. From NAPA they were over 30.
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 23:05:11 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Looks like Gas Struts and Lift Supports are both correct terms. Thanks for the info.
BTW: Napa is always high priced. I rarely go there.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Wrong , in the competition for your auto-part dollar they are about the same price - for similar quality . If you wanna buy cheap parts , buy cheap parts . And buy them more often .
--
Snag

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

NAPA is joyous you stay away...